Husband & wife in business
Husband and wife businesses can be very successful but whilst your shared passion for the business is a powerful driver your personal relationship will affect the business and not always in a positive way. Ask yourself what if:
- you do not agree on key business issues?
- one of you wants out of the business?
- step children are affected on an emotional or financial?
- your personal relationship does not stay the course?
- your goals for the business differ?
- if there is transfer of ownership/part ownership?
This is not planning for your relationship to fail personally or at a business level – in fact the converse – you will be putting stress on both your business and personal relationship if there are misunderstandings tensions and a feeling that there are no go areas of discussion.
Making it work in a husband & wife business
Divorce & the family business
It is crucial that issues do not fester or that you simply just hope that problems will not arise. Emotion and business do not become knotted in a family businesses and not in a good way for either the family or the business.
Call me Jane Latham for a free, no obligation basis to find out more about keeping you and your family business on a secure footing now and for the future.